The following are the core beliefs of The Bridge Church based on the foundational truths taught in the bible. All of our teaching and ministry is rooted in and flows out of these biblical doctrines.
We believe the Bible . . .
- Is the very word of God, comprising fully the writings of the Old and New Testaments (66 books);
- Is inspired by God in every word;
- Is completely without error in the original writings
- Is the infallible and authoritative guide for one’s lifestyle (behavior) and world-view (beliefs). (Ephesians 2:8–10)
We believe God . . .
- Is the only one, true, and living God;
- Is the majestic and infinite, yet personal, creator of the entire universe and all mankind;
- Sustains and controls all things according to His will
- Is one in essence but eternally exists in three fully equal, yet distinct, persons: Father, Son, Holy Spirit. (Deut. 6:4; Matthew 28:19; 2 Cor. 13:14; Genesis 1:1; Genesis 2:7; Acts 17:24-28; John 17:3)
We believe Jesus Christ . . .
- Is fully God and has always existed as the Son of God;
- Became a human being by being born of a virgin
- Offered himself as a sinless, substitutionary sacrifice for a lost human race through his death on the cross;
- Was physically resurrected from the dead to show that his redeeming work was perfectly accomplished and completely satisfactory to the Father;
- Ascended into heaven in order to begin his present heavenly ministry as our High Priest, as Head of the church, and as our Advocate before the Father.
- Is the Agent of Creation and currently sustains all creation by the power of His command. (Romans 5:8; 2 Cor. 5:21; Hebrews 4:15; 7:26-28; 1 Peter 2:21-24; 3:18 Luke 24:50-51; Ephesians 1:22-23; Hebrews 8:1-2; 1 John 2:1; Acts 2:32-33; Romans 1:2-4; 1 Cor. 15:3-6; Hebrews 1:2-3)
We believe the Holy Spirit . . .
- Is fully God and has always existed as the third person of the Trinity; (Acts 5:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:17-18)
- Was active in the creation of all things, the inspiration of the Scriptures, and the incarnation of the Son; (Genesis 1:2; Job 33:4; 2 Peter 1:21; Matthew 1:18-25)
- Is active in the world today glorifying Christ, convicting unbelievers of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and working with believers to produce new life, indwell, provide security, give gifts of service, guide, empower, and transform them toward Christ-like maturity. (John 16:14; 7-11;14:16-17; Romans 8:9-11; 1 Corinthians 6:19; 12:7-13; Galatians 5:22-23; Ephesians1:13-14;4:30;5:18; Titus 3:5)
We believe humanity . . .
- Is personally created by God as his image in order to glorify God by enjoying him forever; (Genesis 1:26-27; Psalms 8:3-6; Ecclesiastes 5:18-19; 1 Corinthians 10:31; 1 Timothy 6:17)
- Voluntarily sinned against God in Adam, which resulted in a state of spiritual separation from him, and are now sinners by nature and by conduct; (Gen. 3:1-24; Psalm 51:5; Isaiah 59:2; Rom. 1:18-20; 3:10-12; 23; 5:12-19)
- Is totally unable to do anything on his own to gain a relationship with God. (Romans 6:23; also see Romans 5:15-16)
- Is acquired through personal trust in Christ and his death and resurrection on our behalf. (Ephesians 2:8-9; also see Romans 3:28; 5:1)
- Is an eternal possession of all who are truly born again by the Holy Spirit through faith. (1 John 5:11-13; also see John3:16;10:28-29; Romans 8:30; 38-39)
We believe the Church . . .
- Is a local, organized assembly of born again, baptized believers and is God’s primary means of accomplishing his purposes in the world today; (Matthew 16:18-19; Ephesians 3:10-11)
- Seeks to follow the Great Commandment and fulfill the Great Commission and therefore exists for the purposes of worship, discipleship, fellowship, evangelism, ministry, and cross-cultural missions; (Matthew 22:34-40; 28:18-20; Acts 2:41-47)
- Is free to govern itself in an autonomous and independent manner without the interference of any external hierarchy, but may cooperate with other local churches as the Holy Spirit leads; (Acts 15:1-34; 1 Corinthians 16:1-4)
- Has a plurality of appointed, qualified elders to oversee the local church and shepherd its people; (Acts 14:23; 20:28-31; 1 Timothy 3:1-7; 5:17-20; Titus 1:5-9; Hebrew 13:17; James 5:14; 1 Peter 5:1-4)
- Is to practice two ordinances commanded by Christ: first, believer’s water baptism by immersion as an identification with Christ and his church; and second, the Lord’s Supper as a continuing memorial of the broken body and shed blood of Christ. (Matthew 3:13-17; 26:26-30; 28:19-20; Acts 2:41-42; 1 Corinthians 11:23-27)
We believe marriage . . .
- Is exclusively the union of one man and one woman, and that intimate sexual activity is to occur exclusively within that union; (Genesis 2: 18 - 25; Ephesians 5: 21 - 33; Hebrews 13:4; Exodus 20:14; Mark 10: 6 – 9; 1 Corinthians 7:2)
- Serves as the foundational unit of a stable society; (1 Corinthians 7:2)
We believe life . . .
- Is sacred and created by God. It is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre – born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect and value all human life; (Psalm 139: 13 – 16)
We believe the future . . .
- Will include the personal return of Jesus Christ to earth to rule his kingdom for 1,000 years; (Titus 2:13; Matthew 24:29-30; Revelation 20:1-3)
- Will include eternal punishment for all who reject the Lord Jesus Christ and eternal fellowship with God in a new heaven and earth for all who believe in him; (Hebrews 9:27; 2 Peter 3:7; Revelation 20:10-15; 21:1-4)