We are an active community of adults who are 50+. Now that we are in the phase of life where we have more freedom with our time and finances many of us are focusing our time and resources to serve the church like we never could during our "vocational" life. We celebrate our ability to shepherd the generation behind us with the wisdom and life experience we have gained. We are a strong community of friends that meet together often to encourage one another, to honor Christ, and simply to have fun!
50+ Bible Study
Meets on Thursday mornings at 10am at the church office.
|Bob Kucinski will be teaching this Drop- In Class on The Book of Daniel. Want to attend? Great! What do you need? Please bring your Bible and a notepad to jot down notes you want to remember. Don’t have a Bible, no problem, TBC will provide one to you to use that day. We will have hot coffee available too. This is open to men and women of all ages!|
|SATURDAY, February 22, 2020 : POTLUCK DINNER at The Bridge Church Office in Assembly Room #1. Doors Open at 5p.m. and we will say Grace and eat at 5:30p.m. Please arrive early with your dish. We have so many new people at TBC we thought how great it would be to have a Social to get to know one another better. Think about what kind of dish you would like to bring. We need main dishes, side dishes including salads, and desserts. We will give you a reminder card of what you signed up to bring to make it simple. Looking forward to this Great Fellowship Event! Sign Up at the 50+ Table.|
Silent Auction/Ice Cream Social
If you have an item or a service for the Silent Auction that you would like to donate please contact Susan or Debbie. We would like Bridge Groups to make a theme basket for your group. For more information about donations and theme baskets please visit the 50+Ministry table and pick up our handout with more details. Please support this service project to benefit Embrace Grace! Then come to the auction and enjoy some ice cream and enjoy fellowship with the whole church family! Event sponsored by the Fifty Plus Ministry.
Sign up for the 50+ newsletter.
Receive all of the latest updates and prayer requests specific to the 50+ Ministry.
Just a few of the things we did this past year were:
- Decorated for Special Church Services (painted scenery, set up Christmas trees, assembled light boxes)
- Served in the Children's Ministry (Sunday services, Extreme Week, prepared curriculum at The Bridge Office)
- Packed up Thanksgiving Boxes at Agape Flights for the 250 missionaries they serve weekly
- Served in the Coffee Ministry on Sundays
- Caroled at nursing home & baked cookies for them
- Supported Embrace Grace (a ministry to mothers experiencing crisis pregnancies) by helping wrap baby shower gifts, and pampering the mothers at Princess Day
- Volunteered at Challenge Baseball
- Mentored younger women of our church and community
- Helped the Starfish Financial Ministry at their annual Christmas event for in-need families.
- Were a part of several Bible studies.
- Gathered for a potluck, ice cream social, movie night, and game night
- Went on a day trip to the Holy Land Experience in Orlando
- Attended a Christmas Concert in Ft. Myers