We are an active community of adults who are 50+. Now that we are in the phase of life where we have more freedom with our time and finances many of us are focusing our time and resources to serve the church like we never could during our "vocational" life. We celebrate our ability to shepherd the generation behind us with the wisdom and life experience we have gained. We are a strong community of friends that meet together often to encourage one another, to honor Christ, and simply to have fun!
50+ Bible Study
Meets on Thursday mornings at 10am at the church office from October 3 to November 21.
Showing the movie "Breakthrough".
Trip to Solomon's Castle
Day trip after Bible Study on October 10.
Annual Potluck Dinner
November 9. Main dish will be supplied (who doesn't like pulled pork and beef brisket?), but please consider what side dish you'd like to bring.
Caroling & Cookies
December 4th at Bay Breeze Rehabilitation Center. This is an annual service project we do.
Matinee Christmas Concert
December 7. Start with having a delicious lunch at Cristof’s. Separate checks. Then head to First Assembly Church for The Matinee Christmas Concert.
Sign up for the 50+ newsletter.
Receive all of the latest updates and prayer requests specific to the 50+ Ministry.
Just a few of the things we did this past year were:
- Decorated for Special Church Services (painted scenery, set up Christmas trees, assembled light boxes)
- Served in the Children's Ministry (Sunday services, Extreme Week, prepared curriculum at The Bridge Office)
- Packed up Thanksgiving Boxes at Agape Flights for the 250 missionaries they serve weekly
- Served in the Coffee Ministry on Sundays
- Caroled at nursing home & baked cookies for them
- Supported Embrace Grace (a ministry to mothers experiencing crisis pregnancies) by helping wrap baby shower gifts, and pampering the mothers at Princess Day
- Volunteered at Challenge Baseball
- Mentored younger women of our church and community
- Helped the Starfish Financial Ministry at their annual Christmas event for in-need families.
- Were a part of several Bible studies.
- Gathered for a potluck, ice cream social, movie night, and game night
- Went on a day trip to the Holy Land Experience in Orlando
- Attended a Christmas Concert in Ft. Myers