We are an active community of adults who are 50+. Now that we are in the phase of life where we have more freedom with our time and finances many of us are focusing our time and resources to serve the church like we never could during our "vocational" life. We celebrate our ability to shepherd the generation behind us with the wisdom and life experience we have gained. We are a strong community of friends that meet together often to encourage one another, to honor Christ, and simply to have fun!
50+ Bible Study
We meet on Thursday mornings at 10:00 at The Bridge Church office. Study lead by John Rector and Bob Kucinski. All 50+ adults are welcome, no need to register.
Sign up for the 50+ newsletter.
Just a few of the things we did this past year were:
- Decorated for Special Church Services (painted scenery, set up Christmas trees, assembled light boxes)
- Served in the Children's Ministry (Sunday services, Extreme Week, prepared curriculum at The Bridge Office)
- Packed up Thanksgiving Boxes at Agape Flights for the 250 missionaries they serve weekly
- Served in the Coffee Ministry on Sundays
- Caroled at nursing home & baked cookies for them
- Supported Embrace Grace (a ministry to mothers experiencing crisis pregnancies) by helping wrap baby shower gifts, and pampering the mothers at Princess Day
- Volunteered at Challenge Baseball
- Mentored younger women of our church and community
- Helped the Starfish Financial Ministry at their annual Christmas event for in-need families.
- Were a part of several Bible studies.
- Gathered for a potluck, ice cream social, movie night, and game night
- Went on a day trip to the Holy Land Experience in Orlando
- Attended a Christmas Concert in Ft. Myers
Gallery from our past events.
If you have any questions about 50+ Ministry call 941-484-3339.